Wednesday, April 20, 2016

Week 13 Reading Diary: EUROPE Unit

This is the second day for week 13's Reading diary.  I am still reading Fables of La Fontaine, but today I am focused on Part B. All of the stories in this part are from Fables of La Fontaine by Elizur Wright.

READING B:

Mice
-This first section of mouse stories is a little bit hard for me to understand.  I don't always understand what these rhymes are trying to say and these were pretty complicated and didn't make sense to me.  Nothing found me interested.

More Mice
-Same thing with these stories, they aren't interesting to me at all.  Nothing about them catches my attention.

The Tortoise; The Bat
-I think I have read about the tortoise that can't keep him mouth shut on the stick about 12 times now.  This time it was ducks that tried to fly him.  Every time the turtle hits the ground and dies I still get a little sad.

Frogs
-It's nice to see different types of frog stories than the regular prince is a frog story.  I still wash;t very interested in these stories.

The Swallow; The Eagle
-How sad that the Eagle's eggs got broken.  Yes I understand that the eagle was being mean but don't we know the golden rule "Do unto others as you would do to you".

Man and Beast
-This bear and man have become friends. And the man invited the bear to come back hime with him.  Even though the her does not want to go he accepts Eventually their relationship grew to be familiar and friendly.

The Astrologer; The Dairywomen
-A astrologer falls into a well, but thats is about all I got from that story.  I think there is a lot of creativity that could be placed in this story.  I like that the dairywomen's name is "Good Peggy" Good Peggy seems to have a happy life.


The God Mercury; Hercules
-In "The Woodman and Mercury" it was interesting to me that the man had lost his honest livelihood because he had no axe to tools. Why do these things make a man honest?

Sun and Wind; Belly and Members
-In this first story they take sun and wind and talk about their different affects on life.  I loved this because I love anything to go with nature especially the sun.. because it's yellow and reminds up to be bight and happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment