Thursday, April 14, 2016

Week 12 Reading Diary: Aesop's Fables

Week 12 reading diary from Aesop's Fables (english)



Reading A

The Gods
-I like the story about the sculptor and mercury.  In this story one learns that god alwasy shows up to help.  In the story "the dover that lost a bull" the goddess of love turns into a women.  so that she can be loved and marry.

More Gods
-I found it realy cool that they put a speical association between each tree and a God.  In "The two bags" we learn a lesson about slowing down to see our faults before pointing out others.  And again very cool  that they pair an animal and a god together.

Fables about People
-The boy you cried wold is alwasy good story to remember.  I love the story of the goode that laid the golden eggs. Intersitn turn around that the women just wants her her to lay more regular eggs.

More Fables about people
-These are intrersting stories that deal with morals and reflections. I think that these stories are really intresting and fun to read!

Apes
-Fondlings are commonly unfortunate.  I really enjoyed the story about the dancing apes.  i feel that I could get creative a make a spin off of this.

Foxes
-I alwasy like it when a trickster is alwasy out tricked.  This is what happend in "The Fox and the Stork."   So instead of keeping the fox a trickster he mas become much more sympathetic in "The Fox and Eagle"

More Foxes
-I'm really enjoying these fox stories the most. They are fun to read  and easy to understand.  I am getting a lot of creative ideas for a story for these.

Lions
-in this fable the lion is able to hold a conversation with the man, but this does not insure that the lion can do everything a man can.  This lion is crafty and dangerous.

A lion and a Man
-I alwasy enjoy reading about things that go with or aginst the laws of nature.  The laws of nature are so intresting to me becasue it is almost like we can not change them.

Lions and Asses
-This is intersting to me that the lions don't earn the trust and yalty of the other animals.  Useally Lions rule all the other animals and for them to not gain trust makes it hard for the other animals to follow his camands... intresting twist.

Asses
-I like how the donkey learns that even though his lot in life is not the best, he knows it could certainly be worse.  This reminds me of a lesson my mom alwasy taught me.. she would alwasy tell me that we have enough.

More Asses
-These tiles are making me giggle a little. I know that it is referring to a donkey, but it's just funny to see "The ass's wish."



No comments:

Post a Comment