Wednesday, January 20, 2016

UnTexbook Overview

I chose to take a look at the Classical Units. Out of Aesop's Fables (Jacobs) The reading Nature and Inanimate Objects caught my eye.  I love being outdoors, and since it talked about nature I knew I would be interested.  Also growing up I had a pretty big imagination, and was always making my toys such as animals and dolls "come to life". Growing up I remember that my favorite books and movies always dealt with inanimate objects coming to life. I have always believed that everything communicates in some way and this is the perfect unit to express that imagination, and I mean who does't want to talk to their trees and pets??
 

As I was scrolling through the complete list of 100 units going by the UnTexbook immediately stopped when I saw the unit Grimm (Crane) I have always loved fairly tails, but recently I have been obsessed with the Brother Grimms household stories! I actually just got the full book for Christmas, and have started reading it.  Definitely a possibility for my class project. 

-This is the book I got for Christmas!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment