Thursday, January 21, 2016

Storybook Favorites

I chose to look at Myth-Folklore past storybooks that students from last semester had done. I picked out three that caught my attention, which included "The Kindergarten Shenanigans""My Brothers Grimm", and "Untold Tales of the Sea".

"The Kindergarten Shenanigans" grabbed my attention because I once was an education major for early childhood, which includes kindergarten classes.  I have always had a love for teaching and especially teaching the little ones.  I know from experience that kindergarden helps create life long lessons that we will forever use. For example learning hoe to share, or look before you cross the street.  I also liked how the story used the example "Don't leave your friends for bad kids".  I love learning and hearing new stories about children and their growing process.

"My brothers Grimm" immediately caught my eye because recently I have been obsessed with the Grimm brother fairy tales.  This introduction has put a total twist on the story that I have never heard.  I have an older brother, who also feels that he has certain deeds to take care of as the older brother.  The only downfall is that after the deed is done he considers himself heroic.  This story follows right along with the type of relationship my brother and I have.  It was exciting to see how some of these fantastical tales are told from a women's point of view.

Lastly, the "Untold Tales of the Sea" was easy for me to become interested in.  I love to swim and be anywhere around the water.  If I could I would live in the sea.  Reading the introduction was exactly how I wanted it to go, with a mermaid.  I love the myth of a mermaid, and traveling through the sea with one would be a miracle come true. Talking about different journeys through the water kept my full attention.  
(Mermaids, Source: Google)

All of these projects are very cool with tons of creativity! These stories have given me a lot to think about for my own storybook assignment. I now have a grasp on how the project is supposed to look and it has given me a lot to consider for my own project.  

No comments:

Post a Comment