Friday, May 6, 2016

Learning Challenges - Comodoro Technique

This week for my learning challenge I watched the video about the pomodoro technique.  This was a pretty interesting technique to watch since I'm the biggest procrastinator that I know.  I hate that I procrastinate things because it sometimes never makes me feel accomplished, or I have to rush through something and then I don't get a good grade.  I tend to beat myself up after I wait so long to get an assignment done.   I tried this out with one of my assignments and it really sorta worked.  I only tool a 3-5 minute break but that really was all the time  I needed. I feel like if I took a longer break I would have gotten distracted.  After my break I was ready to get back to my work and finish it.  I think that this method works well with me because the worst part of an assignment is getting it started.  But if I know that I am going to get a break within 25 min that might motivate met o go ahead and just start.

No comments:

Post a Comment